List of Reviews

Search!

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Looper Review

This past Saturday (The 27th) I went to go see Looper in theaters. I was more than impressed. This movie portrayed the future so realistically it made me feel that this movie was a documentary. The cities and people felt so natural and normal that it made it seem (with a few exceptions) we weren't far off ourselves. Next is the time-travel. The movie was based around it so they better have done it good right? More than right. So much of the plot were based directly on the relationship between present and future self that it was disturbing and creepy. There were a few fairly violet scenes involving controlling what happens to the future self by using the past self. I will say no more but be warned. It was pretty horrifying. I also really enjoyed the way that they sent people back in time. In movies like Terminator and Back to the Future, which don't get me wrong are great movies, they time travel sequences involve lots of bright lights, electricity, lightning, zapping, zizzing, crazy Star Trek type noises. This movie was nothing like that. The subtly of the transporting was so natural you really did just feel like the person was there the whole time. Some people really disliked how they changed Joseph Gorden-Levitt's face to look more like Bruce Willis' because they felt it looked unnatural. I felt it looked great and was very funny at some times. Seeing a younger version of Bruce Willis acting like him was very funny because I knew it really wasn't. Any questions or comments about how you felt about the movie, feel free to post a respond below. Thank you for reading my review, and I will see you next time! 
Linus Schill–––––––13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts on this!