List of Reviews

Search!

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Oz: The Great and Powerful Review

When I first started to see early trailers of the movie I wasn't that interested in the whole concept of rebooting such a classic story like "The Wizard of Oz". As more trailers came out, and you got to see more of what the film was going to be like I got more interested but still I didn't think I was going to see it. When it came out yesterday and I heard good reviews I thought, hey, I should go see that. So I did, and I loved it. The visuals were incredible, the whole scope of the film was amazing. The "back story" to the original story worked so well that you really felt that the book was a sequel to this. James Franco fit really well in this role, and he seemed to enjoy. There were some parts I didn't like too much, that reminded me of Time Burton's Alice in Wonderland. Part of that was helped by the fact that Danny Elfman also wrote the score, and you could tell in some parts. But those parts were seldom and subtle. I loved how they eventually defeated the Wicked Witch, with all of the neat inventions and toys. Also how they introduced the projection of his face, and the backstory behind it.
!!!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!!!MOUSE OVER TO REVEAL!!!!! I did not see the twist where Mila Kunis turned into The Wicked Witch, that was interesting.
I loved the transition for Kansas to Oz, I thought that was a very cool homage to the original film. Overall, it was a great movie. I give it 5 ingredients. Thank you for reading my review of the movie "Oz: The Great and Powerful", see you next time.
Linus Schill–––––––13
BLT Films Rating-5/5 Ingredients

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts on this!