List of Reviews

Search!

Friday, April 19, 2013

Smallville Seasons 1-2 Review


With the greatly anticipated Man of Steel coming out in just a matter of months, I figured that I would try and watch as much Superman as possible to get me psyched for the film. I have heard a lot of people talking about the show Smallville. So I decided, about a month ago, that I would try and watch as much of the show as possible. When I heard that there were 10 season I just thought to my self that the show couldn't possibly be good throughout the whole series. However, the first two seasons still stand strong.

This show so far is really great and has a lot to like about it. Certain episodes remind me a lot of the X-Files. It has the strange, mysterious event(s) caused by someone/something, and a parter of people have to go investigate to stop it. I love the idea that when Clark Kent crashed landed in Smallville that the meteors affected the whole town, giving all of them strange abilities. There are, however, a few things that aren't so great about it. There is a certain kind of episode that seems to occur a lot.
When two characters are even slightly getting development into their relationship, some force affects the minds of one of the people. This will cause the person to not be their self, and do things that ruin the relationship and cause more drama This occurs throughout the first and second season over 4 times.
!!!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!!!MOUSE OVER TO REVEAL!!!!! In fact, the close of the second season was Clark putting on the red Kryptonite ring, altering his mind, and then riding off on a motorcycle leaving his (possibly ex)  girlfriend Lana Lang.

Other than this repetitive plot of an episode, the show is really great so far. I give it 4 ingredients because the recycled plot brings it down a fair bit. Thank you for reading my BLT review of the first two seasons of Smallville, and as always, see you next time!
Linus Schill–––––––13
BLT Films Rating- 4/5 Ingredients

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts on this!