List of Reviews

Search!

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pixar Week: Up Review

Lets just say that Pixar's quality is going...Up. I'm Linus Schill, and this is my review of Up.

I should really stop making bad puns in these intros. In all honesty, this movie was fantastic. The first act was probably the saddest part of a movie that I have ever watched, at least for me. One of the reasons I haven't seen this movie more in because of how hard it is to get past the first half an hour. However, once you pass that, you are in for loads of fun.
This is a movie, for me, that takes the most unexpected of all story lines, makes it believable, and takes to you to fantastical worlds with it. A floating house? Not just floating, this but strapping thousands of helium balloons to it and lifting it off the ground! And once this house starts flying, the amazing views don't stop. Flying into a thunderstorm, a canyon, the top of a waterfall, under attack by a zeppelin! Pixar yet again amazes us with the spectacular locations they fly us to.
There characters in this movie are also amazing. Carl Fredricksen is the funniest old man I have ever seen. He's so growly and grumpy that ever conversation he has with Russell is hilarious. Charles Muntz is a great villain. Evil old men are some of the creepiest of them all. The dogs in this movie just added to the fun. I can't get over that hilarious scene where Russell is training the dog, and when he says speak, it say "Hello". When the dogs start flying planes it gets a little ridiculous but still funny. I loved that Star Wars reference, and I'm curious to see if you got it. 
Overall this movie is great. I give it 10 ingredients, the whole sandwich. Thank you for reading my review of Up. Be sure to check out the other Pixar Week reviews in the red drop-down menu either at the bottom of this review, or at the top of this page. Make sure to give us a "Like" on Facebook if you liked the review, or visit or page at Facebook.com/BLTFilmsReviews. Be sure to check in tomorrow for my review of Toy Story 3. See you next time!
Linus Schill–––––––14
BLT Films Rating- 10 Ingredients

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts on this!