List of Reviews

Search!

Sunday, July 6, 2014

BLT Buffet #11: Horrible Bosses 2 Trailer, Pacific Rim 2 Coming, And More!

Hello and welcome to BLT Buffet #11. This week I will be discussing new sequels, brand-new trailers, and more! I'm Linus Schill, and this is my review of the latest and greatest news from the world of entertainment, laid out for you in a BLT Buffet.


Horrible Bosses 2 Trailer #1
A new trailer has recently dropped for Horrible Bosses 2. The first film, despite going across only somewhat well with the critics, was generally liked. I loved it, but never expected a sequel to get made. To me I see a risk that it might fall into what The Hangover II did, being extremely similar to the first film. After this trailer, and what has come out about the film, it doesn’t appear to look that way. I love this trailer, while still just a quick tease made to start us getting hype, it pulls me in. We still have yet to see newcomer Christoph Waltz in the film, and his “son” Chris Pine, is only seen for a second. 
Like I said, the trailer does a good job at getting those who saw the first to remember the old trio, Motherf***** Jones (Jamie Foxx), and the two remaining bosses, before introducing any new characters. I personally can’t wait for this film, which comes out this November 26th. You can watch the trailer by clicking here.

Pacific Rim 2 Coming

It has recently been announced that Pacific Rim 2 will be coming in 2017. I loved the first Pacific Rim, and directly after walking out of the theater I thought to myself 3 things: 1, That movie was awesome. 2, I need to see that again. And 3, When does the sequel come out. Guillermo del Toro did an amazing job with the first film, but with the slow box office success a sequel seemed unlikely to everyone. I still had hope, because the first film had such a terrible marketing job, most people domestically didn’t go out to see it, it is an easy fix to get people to come out to see it.
Then, news reports started to come out that del Toro was working on a script for a sequel, but that didn’t necessarily mean that one would be coming. Then the day finally came when it was announced that a sequel would be coming, and I was more than excited. Following the Guillermo-way, the sequel we know is going to bigger, badder, and more awesome than before, So I couldn’t be more excited for Pacific Rim 2 to hit theaters April 7th, 2017.

Henry Cavill as Superman in Man of Steel 2

The Man of Steel himself, Henry Cavill recently had a photo of him taken for the Royal Marines Charitable Trust Fund dressed as Clark Kent, on set of Batman Vs Superman: Dawn of Justice. It didn’t give us as much of a look into the film as the picture of Ben Affleck as Batman did, but it was still something. Then a picture came out a few days later showing Clark Kent suited up in full uniform standing atop what appears to be Gotham City. This means not only will Batman visit Superman in Metropolis, but Superman will also visit Batman in Gotham. This further builds my excitement for the film, but it also continues one of my long lasting question: why was this film delayed? If they are already filming, and making set pictures with the full costume heroes, why is it not coming out until 2016. There was report of a script not being fully complete which caused some delays, but you don’t start filming with an incomplete. And it does not take a full year for the shooting and post to take place. Most films take a year, beginning with shooting, and ending at with the release. There is also speculation that it will be filmed back-to-back with a Justice League movie(?) that would come out the following year. The problem is that so much is speculation, and nothing is none for sure.

Thank you for reading my BLT Buffet this week. Be sure to “Like” us on Facebook down below, or visit us at Facebook.com/BLTFilmsReviews. Also, make sure to follow us on Twitter @BLTFilmsReviews. We have a new widget on the left sidebar of this page so you can see everything we are tweeting. Once again, thanks so much for reading. I'm Linus Schill and I'll see you next time.
Linus Schill–––––––14