List of Reviews

Search!

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Transformers: Age of Extinction Review

After this movie, can't you just wait for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to come out. I’m Linus Schill, and this is my review of Transformers: Age of Extinction.

Coming soon to your local theater! Its everything you want in a Michael Bay film! God awful dialogue, all white cast, at least one girl with short-shorts, explosions, slow motion, and what looks like a junk yard put in a blender, which could also be called “action scenes”.
I am going to start off by saying that for no reason what so ever should you pay money to see this pile of garbage. I had a free ticket, so I figured why not, but i regret that. Not only was the dialogue a travesty to all things ever written in the English language, but there was so much more. And when I say more, I mean a lot more. I mean 2 hours and 45 minutes of 50 convoluted story lines that were told in such a terrible way that in some scenes you literally didn’t know what EON it was taking place in. This is just a rough estimate but I’d bet that you could cut this movie in half and it would have made it a lot better. Now, grant it when I say better I don’t mean good. Lets all calm down this is Michael Bay we are talking about. You still get your classic Michael Bay action scenes when you can’t follow anything that is going on and you are supposed to get invested in characters that you can’t tell apart from one another.
The cinematography also relates to the action scenes, but it was really bad. Out of no where there would be this twisting zooming shot around something and you ended up feeling or dizzy than entertained. Michael Bay truly has outdone himself on this one. If you think the other ones where bad this one was the worst. There were hardly any things in this film I actually enjoyed. The most unfortunate part about it is, is that it is going to make $1 billion+ at the worldwide box office, while movies like Edge of Tomorrow (which deserver more acknowledgement) struggle to break $400 million.
Overall I give this film a 2/10 ingredients. The visual effects is the only thing keeping it above a 1. Which, all things being equal, were pretty impressive. If you have not seen this movie, KEEP IT THAT WAY. If you have, I’m so sorry. I hope you enjoyed it more than I did. Thank you for reading my review of Transformers: Age of Extinction. Be sure to “Like” us down below or check us out on Facebook at Facebook.com/BLTFilmsReviews. Or you can find us on Twitter @BLTFilmsReviews. See you next time!
Linus Schill–––––––14
BLT Films Rating- 2 Ingredients