List of Reviews

Search!

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Lincoln Review

Earlier today I saw the movie Lincoln. I was really excited going in, and I was not disappointed. In my opinion, the work they did on making Daniel Day Lewis look like Lincoln was great. I was also very impressed with how well they portrayed Mary Todd Lincoln. She resembled her perfectly. I really enjoyed how they showed the passing of the 13th amendment and it was very informative. However, there was one thing I was very disappointed in: the assassination. Why? Well, it wasn't in the movie. Lincoln's assassination is one of the things that intrigues me most about him. Just that thrill reading and watching what happened leading up to the events. Watching what the last things he did/said. Seeing as how the rest of the entire movie went into such detail, and made everything so believable and realistic, it was strange. Aside from the exclusion of that part, the movie was over-all great! Also, today I am announcing our new rating system. It is a scale of 1-5, each being an ingredient. Plate, Bread, Lettuce, Tomato, and Bacon. For Lincoln I would give it a 4. Not enough for the full sandwich, including the assassination would add that final bacon. Thanks for reading my review, and as always, see you next time.
Linus Schill–––––––13
BLT Films Rating-4/5 Ingredients

1 comment:

  1. Dude they did have the assassination in it. Instead of showing Lincoln's theatre it was showing his son at the theatre and the same time. I believe by making the viewer believe that you would see Lincoln; and then see the son's reaction is a lot more powerful than just showing the assassination.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts on this!