List of Reviews

Search!

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

iTunes 11 Review

Does Not Belong to Me
Last Thursday, iTunes 11 came out. Now some people were suspecting it would be "another Maps". This is implying that Apple will make a large change and expect people to love it but everyone hates it. Now it is one thing to "hate" something just because it is "different". It is a completely different thing to "hate" something because there are actually faults. Now I sense that this will be an example where people complain solely because it is a different UI then iTunes 10.7. Now I was very nervous when I saw the announcement video back in September. It looked very different and I didn't know if my songs would be compatible because I got them off of the internet. However, when I did get it, I just couldn't close my computer. The UI is so friendly and easy that you just want to keep using it. Now don't be thrown
off by the fact that the side bar is gone. As shown here, you can simply add it back. I know, I was upset at first, but quite honestly, I just got used to the new view. There are a lot of good things about this new version, and there really is only one thing I don't. This was iTunes DJ. It was really fun to play around with. Now I don't care that much to go and download some other DJ app of the Mac App store. It was just a fun thing to play around with with friends. However, Up Next really is great. I use it all the time and I think Apple did a great job with that. Now for those of you who don't know what iTunes DJ is, it is basically a way for you (and your friends) to add music to a "playlist" that would play out. Access to this could be obtained view the Remote app and could be optionally password protected. Like I said, it was just fun to play with, don't mind its loss that much. Well, thats all for now. I hope that you download the free update from Apple.com. As always, see you next time.
Linus Schill–––––––13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts on this!