List of Reviews

Search!

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Contagion Review

Back in 2011 when I was seeing previews for this movie I thought it sounded very interesting. However, I never went out to see it. Recently I thought that I should go watch it because it looked neat. It was extremely good, and kept me watching all the way through. So many things about it you just didn't expect what would happen. In most movies you have a specific group of people that you can tell from the first moment they appear on screen that they are not going to die, maybe captured or caught, but never die. I was so surprised when
!!!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!!!MOUSE OVER TO REVEAL!!!!! Kate Winslet died, seeing as she was such a main character throughout the movie.
Also, I knew that Matt Damon's wife, Gwyneth Paltrow, died because of the preview, but I never knew his son would too. Another thing I really like was how they showed the virus spread. It reminds me of at the end of Rise of the Planet of the Apes, while the credits were showing, if you looked in the background it showed the earth, and lines stretching from country to country, multiply each time it got there, showing the spread of the ALZ-113 across the planet. It worked well in that movie because that was during the credits, and it was a great way to end the film. In this film, it was also did in a cool way. At some point at the CDC they brought up a map of the earth, and they nudged through the future, showing the red (area with virus) expanding and growing. It showed how it was covering the entire globe in a very ominous way. However, this movie also did an ending sequence, but it took place before the movie. It showed how a bird left a tree that was being cut down, dropped something into a pig pen, the pig ate it, then the pig was taken to a butchery, which was taken to kitchen. In the kitchen the chefs noticed something wrong (after touching the pig) and got rid of it. The chef then greeted Gwyneth Paltrow and took pictures. She then drank some wine and consumed it. The waiter was also infected and was shown early dropping dead on a bus. The subtle things like that just make the movie so much better, allow the viewer to connect everything. I will give this movie 4.5 ingredients, for it was slow at some parts. Thank you for reading my review of the movie Contagion, see you next time!
Linus Schill–––––––13
BLT Films Rating- 4.5/5 Ingredients

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts on this!