List of Reviews

Search!

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Impossible Review

The first time I saw a trailer for this movie was while seeing Lincoln and it quickly grabbed my attention. I thought it was going to be some sappy love story/ romantic comedy type thing. Oooh, Naomi Watts and Ewan McGregor!!! But it is the opposite. I never heard about this tsunami, but I quickly researched it after seeing the preview. Just seeing the tsunami sequence in the preview isn't enough. There is so much suspense and the movie does it in such a great interesting way that it just keeps your eyes glued to the screen. This was such a great movie because not only was it portrayed truthfully (on accounts of survivors that saw the movie) but that it showed everything. Every moment, every struggle, every injury. While not all at once, but you got to see even more of what different people had to deal with later in the movie through flashbacks. You really don't know what is going to happen to this group of people. I am not going to say anything about the outcome of the people but I will say that you will not predict what happens. I thought for sure I had it all figured out, but it takes so many great turns that you just can't tell, you just have to keep watching. The total runtime is 1 hour and 47 minutes and it is definitely worth your while. I give this movie a solid 5 ingredients, and it most certainly deserves more. Naomi Watts is nominated for and Academy Award for best actress in this film, and she deserves it. Thank you for reading my review, as always, see you next time!
Linus Schill–––––––13
BLT Films Rating-5/5 Ingredients

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts on this!