List of Reviews

Search!

Monday, May 27, 2013

Doctor Who Season 7 Episode 13: Nightmare in Silver Review

Ugh, really? Cybermen AGAIN! I'm Linus Schill and this is my BLT Film Review of Nightmare in Silver.

When I heard that they were going to make yet another episode on Cybermen, all I could do was sigh. Well it is great seeing some reoccurring monsters, that doesn't mean use them over and over. This is even more so with the Daleks, if I see another episode with Daleks in them I won't even watch it. The Cybermen are a little different, there isn't that much you can do with them. Cybermen have two goals, delete (kill), and upgrade (turn into Cybermen).
From episode to episode they have upgraded themselves a little bit more, but they still do the same thing. This is why it is so frustrating to see them over and over because while the overall plot changes, what the Cybermen do doesn't. This episode had a lot of great actors, looking at you Warwick Davis, but it still felt repetitive. However, the part where the Doctor played a chess game with himself was very entertaining to watch.
Over all, I have to give it 3 ingredients. Doctor Who should just stick to other villains from now on, leave the Daleks and the Cybermen behind. Thank you for reading my BLT Film Review of Nightmare in Silver, so long.
Linus Schill–––––––13
BLT Films Rating- 3/5 Ingredients