List of Reviews

Search!

Monday, May 27, 2013

Doctor Who Season 7 Episode 14: The Name of the Doctor Review

Introducing Linus Schill...as The Blogger. Welcome to my BLT Film Review of "The Name of the Doctor"

After BBC released the final episode poster/name, my heart skipped a beat. The doctor's name is the most important secret in the history of, ever. The shows title is asking what his name is, and having an episode thats called "The Name of the Doctor" was very surprising. Although his name was not ever revealed, it was a key part in the episode. Literally being a "key", to open the doctors tomb.
There were lots of things about this episode that was clever, I loved how the TARDIS was leaking so it became its real size. I also liked how Madam Vastra (the reptile Silurian), Strax, Jenny, Clara, and River have their own telepathic tea party. The explanation to Clara was very smart, yet somewhat predictable. I loved the "appearances" by the other Doctors, seeing them go into other episodes was very funny.
!!!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!!!MOUSE OVER TO REVEAL!!!!! I love the fact that John Hurt is the Doctor. He did a great job as Olivander in the Harry Potter films, and in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. As bad as that movie was, he was still good. It is interesting they are going back to older Doctors though, because he is 73. When I saw Matt Smith for the first time a few years ago I didn't understand why they got him. He looked similar to David Tennant, and was even younger. He will be the oldest Doctor, by almost 20 years. In fact, Tom Baker (4th Doctor) could play it today, and be only 6 years older than John Hurt. John Hurt will also be in 50th anniversary special

All in all it was a great episode. I give it 4 ingredients, and I look forward to the 50th anniversary special this November, which will star David Tennant as well as Matt Smith and much more. Thank you for reading my BLT Film Review of The Name of the Doctor, see you next time.
Linus Schill–––––––13
BLT Films Rating- 4 Ingredients