List of Reviews

Search!

Friday, May 24, 2013

Star Trek Into Darkness Review

Damn it man I'm a blogger not a torpedo technician! I'm Linus Schill, and this is my BLT Film Review of the movie Star Trek Into Darkness.

I didn't see Star Trek in theaters back in 2009, because at that point I didn't have any intrust in the show. I had heard of it, sure, but never approached it. After I saw a little later, after it was on DVD, I really enjoyed it, so I decided to watch all of the original series. When I heard there was going to be a sequel I was thrilled, because I had yet to see the Enterprise and all of its crew on the big screen. And boy was it incredible.
There were many things that made this film so amazing, and I will go through a few briefly. First, Benedict Cumberbach. This actor is so amazing in everything he does, and plays such a brilliant Khan If you have not seen the BBC show, Sherlock, you must. Cumberbach plays such a great Sherlock Holmes and he shows the same level of skill in this movie too.
Another thing that I liked so much about this movies, was that there were so many references to the original series. Little things that you would never expect to be in the movie. For example, tribbles. Most original Star Trek episodes were serious, with a goal, loss, or struggle. However, some of them were very goofy, and had a strange soundtrack to match. One of the episodes was called "Trouble with Tribbles", in which furry pink balls rolled around and made people act weird and silly. And yet, in a movie as serious as one with the title "Into Darkness", they had them. Bones used them in a very crucial way that makes them very important to the end of the movie. Bones would also say his classic phrase, "Dammit man, I'm a doctor not a ____", what ever was the task he was asked.
Overall it was an amazing movie. It did not perform good enough at the box office and it deserved to. It has a lot of competition this coming weekend, so us Trekies need to stand strong. If you have not seen the movie yet, SEE IT. If you have, SEE IT AGAIN. It is amazing, and gets my full 5 ingredients. This just proves even more that J.J. Abrams is going to give us the best Star Wars Episode VII. Thank you for reading my review of Star Trek Into Darkness . See you next time.
Linus Schill–––––––13
BLT Films Rating- 5/5 Ingredients