List of Reviews

Search!

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Wolverine Review

"Coming soon...Kuekuatsheu–uh, um, I mean The Wolverine..." I'm Linus Schill, and this is my review of The Wolverine.

When I first heard that the new Wolverine movie would take place in Japan I was a little thrown back. I did not know that Wolverine had major villains across seas. However, I think I was more surprised that they would go for another stand alone Wolverine film after X-Men Origins failed so badly. To me it made more sense to wait until X-Men movie so the movie wasn't fighting uphill to gain popularity. Regardless of this, I went ahead and saw this, because Hugh Jackman as Wolverine is also fun to watch, and boy was that a smart move.
First I would like to talk about the first sequence, during WWII in Nagasaki. I have always had an interest in the atomic bomb drops, but not until now did we get to experience it. Everyone has seen the photos, the small bits of footage, the bomb test, but all of that is old footage usually in black and white. With today's technology, it is now possible to view, and feel, the event in all its horror and glory. The mushroom cloud looked fantastic, and seeing the city get flattened was just horrifying. It was a great way to start the movie, and jump right into the action.
I thought that seeing Wolverine as a bum, just hiding out in the woods would seem boring and slow, while at some points it seemed that way, overall it was done very well. It showed "the wolverine in its true habitat".
However, there were some things I did not like about the movie. They cut out what could have been a very intense action scene. In the previews, when Logan is surrounded by the ninjas, there is a big fight and then an explosion. In the movie, there is no such battle, just Wolverine looking like a wimp being shot down by a few arrows. 
!!!!!END CREDITS SCENE SPOILERS!!!!!MOUSE OVER TO REVEAL!!!!! I knew that there would be an end credits scene, every Marvel movie has one since Iron Man, but not like this. When you see Magneto, and how he renders Logan in all of his might completely useless. Also seeing how Professor X was risen from the grave and can freeze people was just amazing. The little TV Ad for Trask Industries was great, and it just makes me even more excited for the inbetwequel coming next summer.

Overall, I really enjoyed the movie. The ending fell a little short, but it was a fantastic view of the character. I give it a solid 4 ingredients. Thank you for reading my review of The Wolverine, see you next time.

Linus Schill–––––––13
BLT Films Rating- 4/5 Ingredients

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts on this!