List of Reviews

Search!

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Bat-Week: Batman Returns Review

Bat-Week Returns, a whole week where I review all of the live-action Batman films since 1989. I'm Linus Schill, and this is my review of Batman Returns.

After reading that the Penguin was going to be in this one, I was going in expecting some things to be pretty ridiculous and goofy. Well, I was not wrong. The whole idea that he lived in the sewers raised by Penguins seemed very silly and unrealistic. Also, the idea of him being born with that absurd nose and flippers for hands is just another example that just because something works in the comics, doesn't mean it will work on the screen. Now I'm not saying I didn't like the character, because he was very fun to watch, it just wasn't realistic enough for me not to be pulled out of it.
Knowing the Catwoman character would be in it, however, did not detour be from it. She lacks the weird characteristics that make her seem like a comic book character. Some aspects of her could seem strange, but leaving them out still keeps a human being. Although, one of those things is the fact that she has "9 lives". Now an argument could be made that she was just saying that, but was still getting wounded. She was thrown out of a building, shot 4 times, and electrocuted, but she walked out without a scratch. Other than that, she seemed very believable. 
I feel that Christopher Walken's character didn't need to be there. Just because there were already 2 villains, with one you don't know what to feel about them. You don't need another character that seems bad, then good, then bad. It also wasn't clear what his motive was through the movie. 
Overall this film was enjoyable, but had some loose parts. I give it 3.5 ingredients. Thank you for reading my review of Batman Returns. Check out the other Bat-Week reviews in the yellow drop-down menu at the bottom of this review. See you tomorrow!

Linus Schill–––––––13
BLT Films Rating- 3.5/5 Ingredients

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts on this!