List of Reviews

Search!

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Gravity Review

I'm just putting it out there, but this movie has the best special effects I have ever seen. And seeing as I watch nearly all the special effects intense movies, its probably the best out there. I'm Linus Schill, and this is my review of GRAVITY.

After seeing the first teaser trailer, I was instantly captivated. To me, there is nothing scarier than space. No gravity, no sound, complete solitude. This film brings all of those fears to the big screen. And yet, it doesn't make you want to turn away, it keeps your eyes glued to the magnificence in every shot.
One of the things that I love in movies, is one long, continuous shot. CG or not, it allows the viewer to feel the weight of time (and this case, the lack of weight in space). For the first 30 minutes or so of the movie, it was only long takes. This style made you it feel like you were floating out there with them. Another think that I really liked about this movie was that George Clooney died. I thought it would be cheesy and unbelievable to think that they would have BOTH survived the debris strike. 
Overall the movie was fantastic. If you haven't already seen it, SEE IT, especially in 3D. The movie is so visual it is nearly impossible to capture how great it is with only text, and I give it 5 ingredients. Thank you for reading my review of Gravity, be sure to "Like" this page on Facebook at Facebook.com/BLTFilmsReviews , or down below. See you next time!
Linus Schill–––––––14
BLT Films Rating- 5/5 Ingredients

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts on this!