List of Reviews

Search!

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pixar Week: Brave Review

Well...its not as bad as Cars 2... I'm Linus Schill, and this is my review of Brave.

I had not seen this movie in theaters, which was a first for me. For some reasons there was nothing that compelled me to see it. It didn't seem that interesting, and I felt like I wouldn't miss out on anything. Well I wasn't completely wrong in thinking that. As always with Pixar, the visuals were AMAZING. Probably one of Pixar's best work visually. The cinematography, despite being animated, was incredible. Seeing those vast mountain ranges, steamy hills, and eery cliff tops was fantastic. However, this movie did have some clear, notable problems when it came to the story.
It was very predictable to see where it was going. The whole mother-daughter reconnection act we've seen before. Also, having to achieve a certain goal by midnight, or but sunrise, is cliched. One problem I had with the movie is that it felt too short. I know it was only 90 minutes but even still, after watching that movie I felt like the story wasn't completely told, and it was "unfinished". 
The characters in this movie were not very unique. Merida was just another rebellious teenager, the Queen was an overprotective mother, I didn't feel there was anything new there. The 3 possible princes were also pretty lame. They used the joke that the underdog, who seemed a "wee-bit off", would all of a sudden do something crazy too much. The prince who turned into a bear permanently was very underdeveloped. I didn't care when he died because I didn't "know him". 
Overall the movie was ok. It wasn't terrible. I give it 6 ingredients. The cinematography, shot structure, and visual effects were all amazing. Thank you for reading my review of Brave, be sure to stay tuned tomorrow for my review of Monsters University. Be sure to check out the other Pixar Week reviews in the red drop-down menu either at the top of the page or at the bottom of this review. Make sure to give us a "Like" on Facebook if you like this review, or visit us at Facebook.com/BLTFilmsReviews. See you tomorrow!
Linus Schill–––––––14
BLT Films Rating- 6 Ingredients

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts on this!