List of Reviews

Search!

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Pixar Week: Monsters University Review

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY OF BLT FILMS REVIEWS. Also happy Halloween. To celebrate, put on your monster mask, because I'm Linus Schill, and this is my review of Monsters University.

When I heard a sequel to Monsters Inc. I was thrilled. Monsters Inc. was a fantastic film with hundreds of memorable characters. Then I heard it was a prequel. Not something I was expecting, and not something we have ever seen Pixar do before. We have seen Pixar's sequels which range from Toy Story 2, to Cars 2. And then when it was announced that it would take place in their college years I didn't know how to feel. When the trailers and movie eventually came around I did see it. There is no explicit reason why but I never got around to it. Well I can honestly say I should have.
As fun as it was to watch it on my TV at home, I bet it could have been more fun on the big screen. I enjoyed this movie so much, that it redeems Pixar from its "slum" with the recent drop in quality in film. Now this is coming from Pixar standards, but Cars, Ratatouille, Cars 2, Brave, all not living up to the others. The characters were so fun. It was great to see how each character started off, and then how they developed into what we see of them in Monster's Inc. I loved the use of Monsters Inc. in this film. How we see a glimpse of it at the beginning, and then when they sneak in towards the end, and eventually flashes forward of their job there. 
Once again the environments are incredible. Seeing a Pixar animated college campus was fantastic. The layout, design, and architecture was all fabulous. Like I said, see Monster's Inc was great. The design of it, how we see more of the outside, and some new parts of the inside. It really was just fun to be back in that building again. And for the first time did we actually have an adventure and interaction with the outside world, which was amazing to watch.  
Overall the movie was great. I loved it and give it 9 ingredients. Thank you for reading my review of Monsters University. Make sure to check out all the other Pixar Week reviews in the red drop-down menu either at the bottom of this review, or at the top of this page. If you liked this review, be sure to click that "Like" button down below, or visit us at Facebook.com/BLTFilmsReviews. Happy Halloween! Happy blog-iversary! Happy 80th review! Happy 5000 views! So much happiness! Stay tuned for an upcoming review of Marvel's Agents of SHIELD Episode 5: The Girl in a Flower Dress review. See you next time!
Linus Schill–––––––14
BLT Films Rating- 9 Ingredients

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts on this!