List of Reviews

Search!

Monday, October 21, 2013

Pixar Week: Monsters, Inc. Review

One eyed creatures, enormous hairy beasts, screaming kids, Ray Harryhausen? A Disney movie?? I'm Linus Schill, and this is my review of Monsters, Inc

Monsters, Inc was probably one of my favorite movies as a little kid. Once again, following the brilliant theme of Pixar, a movie about a company doing terrible things for money and power, but a lone worker sets out to save something that is the very thing the company seeks to attack. As always, this does not sound like a Disney movie to me. Monsters, Inc has all these deep non-childish themes, and yet, has  fantastical characters and worlds. Overall the movie leads you asking yourself, what is behind my closet when I'm not looking.
The characters in this movie are great and make you not scared, but in love with all of them. Each monster has their own unique characteristic that keeps them all unique. From traits such as one eye, 100 eyes, pop out spikes, to camouflaging into the environment. With each one you are sure to remember and love them.  
Another great thing about this movie is that each door holds something fantastical behind it. One of my favorite parts of the movie is that sequence when they jim through a door laying on the ground and they come out the other end in Paris with the gravity going the wrong way. I also loved when they were trapped in the Himalayas and they met the Adorable Abominable Snowman. 
The story was great, and I find no flaws in it. Overall I give it 10 ingredients. Thank you for reading my review of Monsters, Inc. Be sure to click that "Like" button down below or visit us at Facebook.com/BLTFilmsReviews. Check out the other reviews in "Pixar Week" either down below in the red drop-down menu, or at the top of this page. Be sure to check out next week for my review of Finding Nemo. See you next time!
Linus Schill–––––––14
BLT Films Rating- 10 Ingredients

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts on this!