List of Reviews

Search!

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pixar Week: Cars Review

Yesterday I mentioned that The Incredibles was the one Pixar movie you MUST see. Well this is one you should NEVER see. I'm Linus Schill, and this is my review of Cars.

If life was a highway, this movie would be the traffic. This movie is was such a let down coming off of such an amazing track record. Up until this point you had Toy Story, A Bug's Life, Toy Story 2, Monsters, Inc., Finding Nemo, THE INCREDIBLES, and now Cars. Now I may be exaggerating how much I disliked this movie, it some redeeming parts to it. But overall, when you put it up next to the list above of all the films that came before it, you see how it doesn't even come close to what the others were.
Some of the things that I enjoyed were first, the graphics. I think the graphics were extremely well done. Pixar has always excelled in that category and this movie is no exception. I would have mentioned it more, (but those movies had more to offer than just that...). The story is ok, I guess, its nothing unique. Its very predictable to what is going to happen, and you aren't impressed by anything that does.  
The characters in this movie are also ridiculously overdone. Mater is an over-the-top redneck, some of the other cars are very stereotypical, and Lightning McQueen is nothing short of a shallow person who goes on a redemption story you saw coming since the first checkered flag. 
Overall the movie is not very good. I give it 7 ingredients, which is pretty fair. Thank you for reading my review of Cars. Be sure to check out the other Pixar Week reviews at the top of this page or at the bottom of this review in the red drop-down menu. Make sure to "Like" us on Facebook at Facebook.com/BLTFilmsReviews. Stay tuned because tomorrow I review Pixar's next film, Ratatouille
Linus Schill–––––––14
BLT Films Rating- 7 Ingredients

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts on this!