List of Reviews

Search!

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Flight Review

Yesterday the 3rd, I went to see Flight. Now when I saw the previews for this movie for the first time at Looper, it immediately got my attention. Not just because one of the clips showed an airplane upside down in the sky, but because it looked like the kind of movie that I would like. It was. There were so many things that occurred in the movie that weren't shown in the trailer. There were some major twists that would spoil the ending so I won't talk about those but what I will say is that those twists make it all the more BETTER. Denzel Washington was great, John Goodman was hilarious, and everyone did a great performance. This movie clearly shows that Bob Zemeckis CAN make good movies. I am referring to The Polar Express and The Christmas Carol which both contain those creepy motion-capture characters that just made the movies even more weird. However, Zemeckis did bring us Back to the Future which I consider great movies. Enough about his past, what about this movie. Well, the whole sequence in the beginning with the plane crashing was spectacular. During the entire scene, I completely believed that these actors were in real danger. The visuals of the plane were great, the way they showed the cabin FLIPPING upside-down was great. I felt very anxious because you didn't know how many people were going to walk away from the crash. One of the things that went through my mind when I saw the trailer was: how are they going to make a movie about a plane crash. You got some bits and pieces in the trailer of what the plot was going to be. But, like I said, so many things WEREN'T in the trailer once you saw the movie, you looked at Washington's character totally differently. To wrap up this review I just want to say, if you haven't seen the trailer, it is down at the bottom, and if you have seen the trailer but don't know if you want to go to watch it, you should. This movie is great and I would give it a 6/5 rating. Any questions or comments regarding the review, or the movie, please feel free to post down below. As always, see you next time.
Linus Schill–––––––13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts on this!