List of Reviews

Search!

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Jurassic Park Trilogy Review/Jurassic Park IV

Now, there have been rumors about a fourth Jurassic Park for YEARS now, but I never bought into them. Fake YouTube trailers, fake movie posters, etc. Almost every movie gets one of these, and just the thought of ANOTHER was so unreal I didn't believe it. But now, there is no denying that there will be fourth film in the franchise. Before I get into my opinion on the news, I am going to take some time to review the whole franchise.

Jurassic Park
This is one of my favorite movies for a lot of different reasons. One, because I am a big fan of special effect breakthroughs, but also because I like science-fiction stories. My one problem, and its a big one, is the kids. Honestly, the movie would have been so much better if they didn't include THOSE DAMN KIDS. They really bring down the entire movie. Now, I have read the book and I know that there are kids, but in the movie they are totally different people. On the other hand, the velociraptor was very scary, and the kids weren't necessarily annoying then. I feel like that is a problem Spielberg needs to fix: he always has to have some kids, and they always have to survive. This appears a lot but especially in Jurassic Park. Other than the kids I did really like this movie, but have to give it a rating of 4.5 ingredients. Like I said, the kids REALLY bring it down. 
BLT Films Rating-4.5/5 Ingredients

 The Lost World: Jurassic Park
I also have read this book and I really like it. The movie is barley like it however, mostly because they were sort of released simultaneously, but I don't dislike the movie for that reason. In fact, I hardly dislike it at all. There is one thing that does irritate me a little, take a guess, the kid. WHY MUST THERE ALWAYS BE A KID. You know, there is a way to have people in peril and emotionally compromised without an annoying kid around right? I liked a lot of things about this movie, the sequence in San Fran was pretty cool, however, there are a few things I don't get. When the people board the crashed ship, they see bodies, to quote, "all over the place". But, the Tyrannosaurus was in the cage down below, and it couldn't have fit in that room anyway, so, how are they mangled. It was the infant, they said it got taken over in a helicopter. Thats just a small thing. The movie was ok, but it wasn't as good as the first, so I am going to have to give it a solid 4 ingredients.
BLT Films Rating-4/5 Ingredients
Jurassic Park III
I'm just going to start off saying that I didn't like this movie. A lot of it didn't make sense. Also, not a lot of continuity with the previous films. Also, guess what, THERES A KID. Not only is the kid there, THE WHOLE MOVIE IS BASED AROUND HIM. Its just some cheesy plot with a "love story" where a divorced couple is "brought back together", and the special effects are worse in this movie then  in the other two. There really isn't much else to say about this movie. I honestly can't give it more than 3 ingredients. 
BLT FIlms Rating-3/5 Ingredients

I am really nervous about the fourth film. I don't think it will be that good at all, and as you can tell by my review of the previous films, they are steadily going down hill. I bet theres going to be a kid in it too, ugh. It really just wasn't a smart move to put this kind of thing into action. It probably won't do well in the box office and people probably won't like it. Although, the only thing we can do now is wait to see how far this film gets, or to see how much it might fail in theaters. Thank you for reading my review of the Jurassic Park (soon to not be) Trilogy, and my predictions for the fourth film. As always, see you next time.
Linus Schill–––––––13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts on this!